History (Submitted by Four-Eyes)
Vinz Clortho: ~2 Billion BCE - ~6000 BCE
Once an angel, a Virtue of some accomplishment serving in the Denomination of a Principality with who he had a forbidden romance. With their affair at risk of exposure, he and his mate joined Lucifer's rebellion. When they were captured and defeated, he was forced to watch as his lover was stripped of her name, her grace, and even her physical form. After she was cast out to the infernal planes, the same fate awaited him.
Corrupted by the infernal essence, the fallen angel became a demon. He took the name Vinz Clortho and his mate became known as Zuul. Without their bodies, Vinz Clortho and Zuul were denied the intimacy of their prior relationship. While Zuul wandered - hoping to find a release from this torment - Vinz became an advisor to the First of the Fallen. At least, that was his official title. In practice, he was more of a court jester.
Enduring this suffering for a long time, Vinz Clortho was surprised when his old mate returned to the Courts of Hell. Zuul joined her misty form to Vinz's own and gave him a portion of power she had received from a new benefactor. Having a taste of this power, Vinz Clortho wanted more. He followed Zuul to the depths of the Foundation where the two took on a battalion of seraphim guarding the prison of Gozer.
Vinz Clortho: ~6000 BCE - ~1200 BCE
Gozer rewarded Vinz Clortho and Zuul with all the power they needed to establish themselves on Earth as gods to the Hittites, Mesopotamians, and the Sumerians. The two sent much of their worship on to Gozer to aid in their recovery and were free to gorge themselves on the excess worship and tributes. The arrangement worked well for thousands of years until the archangel Gabriel infiltrated the court in disguise. When the undercover angel mocked Vinz Clortho at a banquet, Vinz lost his temper and tried to destroy the archangel. When he failed to kill him, Vinz realized that this mere trickster was more than he appeared. Before Vinz could get to the bottom of this, Gabriel had already exposed Vinz and Zuul as false gods within their own pantheon, leading to a bloody revolt which ultimately ended with Zuul and Vinz having their bodies destroyed once again.
In a bid to regain their physical form and take revenge on the trickster that they now realized was their former brother Gabriel, Vinz Clortho and Zuul returned to the Lord of the Sebouillia. They swore fealty to Gozer and asked for power to take their revenge. However, Gozer convinced them to not settle for destroying just one angel.
Vinz Clortho: ~12000 BCE - Present
Having now recovered from their old injuries, Gozer was ready to conquer worlds, stripping them of their power to make themselves stronger. Zuul and Vinz Clortho became their heralds and generals. Their ultimate goal was to conquer the Silver City. One by one, they weakened Heaven's supply chains of worship and after more than five thousand years, they were finally ready to claim the Presence's crown gem: Earth.
Zuul and Vinz Clortho did their part and brought not only Gozer into this dimension, but also weakened the area enough to allow a full-scale invasion from Hell. However, they underestimated Earth's heroes.
- (Submitted by GothGurl) Prior to destroying the Ghostbuster's Containment Unit, a docile and confused Vinz Clortho shared this insight with Dr. Egon Spengler: "Gozer the Traveler, he will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii, the Traveler came as a large and moving Torb! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex Supplicants they chose a new form for him... that of a Giant Sloar! Many Shubs and Zulls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you!" Sounds a bit like nonsense, huh? Well, let's break it down.
- The Vuldronaii are past followers of Gozer. They made demands on Gozer and for this, were destroyed by Gozer's summoning of a Torb.
- A Torb is a semi-serpentine goliath that resembles a giant eel with two arms. They emit a continuous current and electrocute their victims.
- The Meketrex Supplicants were members of an alien empire which had done a fair job of resisting Gozer's conquest. It took three invasions. Among the alien races that made the Meketrex were the Shubs and Zulls.
- A Sloar is a large dragon. Essentially a living reptilian furnace that slowly burns alive whoever is unfortunate enough to be eaten by this beast.
- Infernal Physiology
- Dimensional Travel: By shedding his corporeal form and releasing his connection to his current plane, Vinz can easily cross dimensional barriers.
- Enhanced Resilience, Stamina, & Strength
- Possession: In demonic form, Vinz can meld with a host's mind and body - such as a Hellhound or human.
- Manifestation: After conducting a mating ritual with Zuul, Vinz can use essence formed in the procreative rite to manifest his own corporeal body on that plane of existence, becoming a clone of the original host.
- Resurrection: Vinz can resurrect a destroyed corporeal body which has a biological connection to an anchor.
- Psionic: Vinz has psychic empathy and telepathic abilities. He also is psychokinetic.
- Infernal Sorcery: Vinz is an accomplished sorcerer.
- Essence Sponge: Vinz can absorb absurd amounts of essence into his body for use in powerful rituals.
- Prone to Confusion Immediately After Possession
- Vulnerability to Eldritch & Supernal Elements
- Vulnerability to Theological Rituals & Belief
- Vulnerability to Cold Iron
- Physicality: 6 - World-Class / Superb
- Occult: 6 - World-Class / Superb
- Weaponry: 6 - World-Class / Superb
- Expertise: 3 - Trained / Exceptional
- Range: 7 - Legendary
- Strategy: 1 - Paltry / Below Average
Trivia and Notes
- Vinz Clortho has a Threat Assessment ranking of 131, marking him as a Severe Threat.
- On June 13th, 2013 he possessed Louis Tully. When the possession finalized he shut down the Ghostbusters' containment unit, and with Zuul used the energy to summon Gozer.
- Vinz Clortho is a character from the Ghostbusters films and its related media.
- In the movie the containment unit was shut down by Walter Peck.