- Amanda Waller: [heels clacking] Colonel. Where's your squad?
- Rick Flag: [footsteps] Unloading the chopper, Deputy Director. I figured you'd want to see this immediately. We got it.
- Amanda Waller: That's it? Hmm... Smaller than I imagined.
- Rick Flag: Yes, ma'am.
- Marian Grange: [heels clacking] Is that it?
- Amanda Waller: District attorney Grange. I... I wasn't expecting to see you here. I thought we had an appointment for Friday.
- Marian Grange: We do, however, you told me that you were expecting a solution to the Arkham's incarceration problems. I had my contacts in Arkham keep me informed as to your presence as I figured you'd have your Suicide Squad handle the transport of this 'magic cure-all'. So, when I heard you checked in here-
- Amanda Waller: You're spying on me?
- Marian Grange: Don't try to intimidate me anymore, Amanda. This is my city, my prison, my rules. Now, is that the solution? It doesn't look like much.
- Amanda Waller: It might be. It is still untested. Hence the reason I arranged to discuss this matter with you on Friday.
- Marian Grange: [scoff] I fail to see how this little thing is going to solve our problems.
- Amanda Waller: It is Kryptonian technology. Yes, as in Superman. This alien tech opens a protal to prison dimension. The same prison that holds Doomsday.
- Marian Grange: You want to send criminals to another dimension?
- Amanda Waller: Just the ones that have no purpose or hope of rehabilitation. Like, say... the Joker? You can't say having to never see that clown again isn't tempting.
- Marian Grange: But what happens if we put them in this... other place, and we have need of them later or find out we've mae a mistake?
- Amanda Waller: Maybe a demonstration is in order. Colonel, have Lock-Up find us a volunteer.
- Rick Flag: Yes, am'am. [click] Lock-Up, we need a prisoner at my location.
- Lock-Up: [speaker crackle] Acknowledged.
- Rick Flag: It'll be just a minute now.
- Lock-Up: [footsteps: 2 intances, chains rattling] Not even that, Flag. I had this one en route to the shower.
- Amanda Waller: William Cobb. You're looking... healthy, for once.
- "William Cobb": Wish I could say the same for you, Director.
- Amanda Waller: [chuckle] Yes, he'll do nicely. Flag, if you'd do the honors.
- Rick Flag: Yes, am'am.
- "William Cobb": Whoa, whoa, whoa... Is that- Where the hell did you get a Phantom Zone Generator?
- Rick Flag: That's none of your damn business, prisoner!
- Amanda Waller: Hold on there, Flag... [heels clacking] How do you know what this is?
- "William Cobb": Uh... You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight? [DISTRESS SIGNAL PHRASE: 'Grayson, Richard'. Notification Failed. Partition Blocked]
- Amanda Waller: Excuse me?
Trivia and Notes
- Story continues from VOX Box: Caged Birds.
- Story continues in VOX Box: The Task At Hand 1.
- The Phantom Zone Generator was stolen from the Fortress of Solitude by the Suicide Squad in Oracle Files: Rick Flag.
- Dick's distress signal phrase is taken from a Joker's line in the 1989 Batman movie.
Links and References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.