History (Submitted by Four-Eyes)
Sally McKnight: 1990 - 2006
Sally was the eldest child of a pretty bland white Anglo-Saxon protestant family in Oakhaven, a suburb of Gateway City. As a girl, she liked to sing and dance but never the usual music of her peers. Sally liked to listen to her grandmother's record collection. As her parents were active in the community and worked long hours, Sally was often left with her grandmother on weekends and in the after-school hours of her day.
Sally's maternal grandmother was a free-spirited woman who lived on one of the oldest lots in Oakhaven. Supposedly her grandmother's grandmother was a holistic/herbal healer who ran a clinic of sorts in the shadow of an old oak tree (the actual oak in "Oakhaven") on that very lot, and Sally's grandmother kept the tradition alive. When Sally wasn't jamming out to her grandmother's oldies collection, she was climbing that oak tree or reading a book in its shade while her grandmother concocted herbal tinctures and saw to her patients.
Sally McKnight: 2006 - 2008
When Sally was sixteen, her father caught her kissing a neighbor girl. Blaming this behavior on her grandmother's influence, Sally was sent to a nearby Christian boarding school, Saint Elias School for Girls. It seems obvious that Dr. McKnight didn't account for the effect an authoritarian religious all-girl school would have on his bi-curious daughter. In the course of two and a half years, Sally went from shy, reserved free-spirit who said her prayers every night to bold pansexual goth rocker practicing witchcraft. (Refer to Network Files - Hex Girls for more information)
Thorn: 2008 - 2010
After graduation, Sally (now calling herself Thorn) rejected her father's offer to pay for college so she could hit the road with her coven sisters and bandmates, Dusk and Luna. Scrapping enough money together from their early shows to buy a van with a painted mural on the side, the coven hit the road, taking their rock act "The Hex Girls" to clubs and festival.
Thorn remained the front woman for the band while also doing lead vocals and playing lead guitar. Every so often the coven would find themselves pulled into an adventure while taking care of an errand for their Mistress of the Dark or to satiate their own occult curiosity.
It was during this time where the girls' talent as sorceresses began to diverge, each one of them bringing something else to the coven. Thorn developed a more seductive approach than the others, often bleeding her mystical allure into her musical performance for live shows, entrancing audiences with sound, mind, and sex sorcery. She also mastered plant magic, feeling it made sense with her name being 'Thorn' and as a subtle nod to her family's history as herbalists and florists.
Thorn: 2010 - Present
After their breakthrough performance and securing a recording deal, Thorn did not change much. She continued to balance her time between honing her sound and sorcery in private until the Hex Girls' coming out as actual witches after being arrested for vampirism in Markovia. Thorn is now looking forward to ending their world tour and getting some rest.
- (Submitted by Four-Eyes) Thorn is often described as the face of the Hex Girls. This goes beyond her position as the band's front woman and lead singer. Thorn is also the Coven's Lady, a traditional position that makes her the leader between official coven meetings and also gives her the responsibility of handling relationships with other groups. Part leader, part diplomat, part hostess.
- (Submitted by Four-Eyes) Here are some fun facts about Sally McKnight:
- Her favorite flowers are roses, which is where she derived both her stage name and her red-focused color scheme.
- Sally's father is a pharmacist. Her mother is the pharmacy's florist.
- Sally's signature fangs, like all the Hex Girls' fangs, are actually cosmetic veneers which were done by Dr. Moss in Oakhaven.
- The second verse of "I'm a Hex Girl" were inspired by the remarks of a former lover of Thorn's who had been a volunteer test subject for her practicing of a love spell. The specific lyrics are: "You'll feel the fog as I cloud your mind. You'll get dizzy when I make a sign. You'll wake up in the dead of night, missing me when I'm out of sight."
- Thorn loves Jonathan Lord. She never misses an episode of Silverblade.
- Witch Physiology
- Enhanced Resilience
- Mystical Institution
- Supernatural Senses
- Master Alveromancer
- Master Chloromancer
- Master Erotomancer
- Master Oneiromancer
- Master Phrenomancer
- Expert Alchemist
- Master Vocalist & Guitarist
- Master Seductress
- Expert Dancer
- Expert Songwriter
- Bound to the Service of the Mistress of the Dark
- Physicality: 3 - Trained / Exceptional
- Occult: 5 - Master / Remarkable
- Weaponry: 3 - Trained / Exceptional
- Expertise: 3 - Trained / Exceptional
- Range: 5 - Master / Remarkable
- Strategy: 3 - Trained / Exceptional
Trivia and Notes
- Thorn has a Threat Assessment ranking of 50, marking her as an Low Threat.
- Thorn is a character from the Scooby Doo franchise, debuting with the rest of the Hex Girls in the film Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost.
- Her hometown of Oakhaven, MA was the setting of Witch's Ghost.
- Her parents Tyler and Teri McKnight and half-sister Maddie Van Horn are characters from the Smallville TV series.