- (Submitted by GothGurl) Additional information on our most adorable archnemesis:
- He has survived gunfire, missile impacts, focused fire from seven flamethrowers, and even once had a Kryptonian fly through his chest. None of that fazed him in the slightest other than to upset him. The best means to dispatch him has been to deliver sustained proton stream fire to melt his outer shell and then sap the essence stores at his core. Once enough of that energy has been depleted, he can no longer sustain his giant mass, and tends to erupt in a shower of sticky goodness. Egon theorizes that we might be able to trap him one day if we can get a trap near his exposed, weakened core. However, all attempts thus far have failed.
- While at or near any point of geomantic power, Stay Puft will thrive. Deprived of a constant source of power, Stay Puft can operate for days with careful energy expenditure. Though he seems to favor Star City's "flavor" - he has gone as far South as Jump City and once stomped across the Canadian wilderness for months, following a remote ley line until it brought him all the way to Maple City. At which point, the Ghostbusters were called out on an international road trip.
- When Stay Puft was hijacked and made into a servant of Vigo, this guy became even bigger than before (despite the ghostly tyrant's claims, this was likely due to the River of Slime under Star City and not a testament to the power of the oil painting that would be emperor). The Ghostbusters decided to combat Vigo's giant champion with a giant of our own. Note: Due to a restraining order, the Ghostbusters have agreed never to animate Orchid Harbor's famous Lady Artemis statue again.
- Confectionery Golem Physiology
- Duplication: Stay Puft, while at his smaller sizes, has abundant essence to burn off. He can thus create "Mini-Mallow" duplicates of himself to help defend him against attackers.
- Enhanced Resilience: Stay Puft is able to take absurd amounts of physical damage with little to no effect.
- Enhanced Stamina: Stay Puft has no need to rest, eat, or hydrate. He is powered entirely by essence.
- Enhanced Strength: Stay Puft might look like a fluffy mass of soft sugary deliciousness. However, he packs a mean punch with Class X Enhanced Strength (when at full size). Even in his smaller forms, he's never been known to have less than Class IV Enhanced Strength.
- Mallow Bombs: Stay Puft can hurl sticky, messy chunks of himself a great distance.
- Resurrection: When destroyed, Stay Puft is only dispersed for a period of time. The amount of time it takes for him to reconstitute varies, depending on the method and severity of his destruction. When gone for longer periods, he often returns at larger sizes.
- Bound to Creator
- Total Protonic Reversal
- Physicality: 8 - Paragon
- Occult: 6 - World-Class / Superb
- Weapons: 6 - World-Class / Superb
- Experience: 1 - Paltry / Below Average
- Ranged: 2 - Basic / Typical
- Strategy: 1 - Paltry / Below Average
Trivia and Notes
- Stay Puft has a Threat Assessment Ranking of 154, marking him as an Apex Threat.
- Stay Puft Marshmallow Man is a character from the Ghostbusters films and its related media.
- The "Mini-Mallow" duplicates might be a nod to the Ghostbusters video game.
Links and References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.