Their rings are fueled by the ambient fear in the environment and controlled with willpower. Those with weak wills are instead controlled by Parallax.
Source Entity: Parallax
Location of the Source Conduit: Qward
Sinestro's Corps is made up of corrupted Ringbearers whose rings have become contaminated by the touch of Parallax and those supplied with newly fashioned rings by Sinestro, crafted by the Weaponers of Qward. They serve Sinestro and through him, Parallax. Their true motives remain to be seen, but somehow Earth is at the center of it, possibly related to the coming of the Blackest Night.
Number of Known Bearers: Unknown, several dozen at least.
Powers of the Yellow Lanterns by Mastery Levels
First Degree: The Novice
Second Degree: The Apprentice
Third Degree: The Adept
Fourth Degree: The Journeyman
Fifth Degree: The Master
Sixth Degree: The Legend
Seventh Degree: The Paragon
Trivia and Notes
- There are seven degrees of Ring Mastery, in E27:
- First Degree: You've graduated basic training on Oa and have developed your own style.
- Second Degree: You've got what it takes to be a decent solo Lantern, if needs be.
- Third Degree: You've can make a decent field trainer.
- Fourth Degree: You've got what it takes to be a drill instructor or a Senior Lantern.
- Fifth Degree: You're a pretty big deal in the Corps itself. Most Lanterns know who you are. This is about the highest most Lanterns ever get.
- Sixth Degree: You've surpassed the Guardians' expectations and have proven to be among the most elite of the Lanterns ever to wield the ring.
- Seventh Degree: You're a legend in your own right. Darkseid himself would be alarmed if he heard you were venturing close to Apokalypse's borders.
- Parallax named Sinestro, Zor-El and and Lyssa Drak as the Grandmaster of the Corp (Parallax's own version of the Guardians of the Universe). After months of posturing, Sinestro was able to finally prove himself to be the 'first among the highest'.