- Rex Mason: [door opens, footsteps: 2 instances] What do you think?
- Emily Sung: Okay... I'll admit it. This is not what I expected when you said you were taking me to a bar.
- Rex Mason: [chuckle, footsteps] Yeah. It's a milk bar... Come on. Let's go meet my friend. Out of curiosity, though, what were you expecting?
- Emily Sung: [footsteps: 2 instances] Something with significantly more... stripper poles.
- Rex Mason: [scoff, footsteps: 2 instances] Do you really think I'd take my little sister to such a place? Really? You think so little of me?
- Emily Sung: [footsteps: 2 instances] Well, let's see you took me to one on your last birthday... and my last birthday... and Thanksgiving, and-
- Rex Mason: [chuckle, footsteps: 2 instances] Okay, well you made your point. [groan] No need to rub my face in it.
- Emily Sung: [footsteps: 2 instances] Fair enough. I'll leave that for your dancing lady friends.
- Rex Mason: [dry chuckle, footsteps: 2 instances] Funny... Ah, here he is! Larry Trainor, you old rascal!
- Larry Trainor: Huh, wha- I didn't do it! I swear- [scoff] Oh, it's just you, Rex... [chuckle]
- Rex Mason: Larry, I'd like you to meet Emily Sung... She's like my little sister of a sort.
- Larry Trainor: [chuckle] Of a sort, you say? Well, okay... That makes sense, seeing as she thankfully looks nothing like you, you old Jarhead.
- Rex Mason: [chuckle] Funny... Larry here's a rocket jockey and fancies himself something of a comedian. It's best to give him a courtesy laugh every now and again, helps him stave off all his suicidal thoughts, what with the fact he's such a failure at just about everything.
- Larry Trainor: [chuckle] Yeah, maybe I should just go through with it. At least then I'd have a moment's peace from your sorry ass.
- Emily Sung: [nervous chuckle] I thought you two were friends.
- Larry Trainor: Oh, I'm Rex's friend alright... at least as close to friends as this sorry sack of... whatever is ever gonna get. [chuckle]
- Rex Mason: [chuckle] Oh, no worries, Emily. We're ex-military. This is just how we socialize. [chuckle] I should've told you, Lar- Emily's a sweet girl. She's not all salt and vinegar, pissed off at the world, like we are. No. She's been dealt a rough hand, but she makes lemonade.
- Larry Trainor: I think you're mixing metaphors a bit there, bud...
- Emily Sung: Ooh, lemonade does sound good. Does this place serve lemonade?
- Larry Trainor: [chuckle] Well, it's a milk bar but Danny can make just about anything non-alcoholic... Here, allow me to escort you to the bar, Emily.
- Emily Sung: Ah, well, thank you, very much there. Please... Lead on. [giggle, footsteps: 2 instances] Can we get you anything, Rex?
- Rex Mason: [chuckle, footsteps, clatter] Nah, you two go on ahead... Have some fun. Don't let me slow you down. I'll just be here, waiting for Indy.
Trivia and Notes
- Debut of Emily Sung.
- Rex and Larry met and became friends at Udderly Delicious back in Oracle Files: Rex Mason 1.
Links and References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.