- Metropolis, DE
- November 26th 2015, 1011 EST
- Doomsday: [roar] [alien language] [bestial roar, car alarms, screaming] [alien language]
- Oracle: Superman, can you read me?
- Superman: [pained breathing] I hear you, Oracle... Are you able to hear this.. this... thing? It's speaking-
- Oracle: Kryptonian, I know. Kara helped me program the computer, remember? I have a Kryptonian translator.
- Superman: Right. [heavy breathing, car alarms in distance, roaring, screaming] The good news is this thing seems to only be after me... The bad news, is-
- Oracle: It can hurt you, I know. I have been monitoring your fight through satellite imagery. I saw it stab you. How bad are you hurt?
- Superman: [pained breathing] I would like to say I've taken worse hits but- [pained hiss]
- Oracle: That bad, huh? Well, Batman just launched out from the cave, en route to your location. He'll be there in five minutes. J'onn dispatched a Javelin, too.
- Superman: How long ago did the Javelin lau- Ah! [roar, debris falling, whack, whack, bestial roar, whack, whack, whack, debris falling] [Comms Offline]
- Oracle: Superman?! Superman? Clark? CLARK? [User Command Acknowledged Switching Channels to "Javelin-Three"] Oracle to Javelin Three. Please respond.
- Blue Beetle: [feedback] Hey Babs. Ted here. What's going on?
- Oracle: [sob, deep breath, exhale] Ted, Superman is... The thing it... What I'm trying to say is... He's gone... This thing, it... It...
- Blue Beetle: Babs-babe... You're not making any sense! What's going on?
- Booster Gold: Hey Ted. We're coming up on the scene... Checking for a clear landing zone. Holy [expletive]! What the [expletive] is that thing?!
- Oracle: [sigh] Whatever it is... [sigh] It killed Superman. You guys have to do whatever it takes to end this thing! I mean it, Ted!
- Blue Beetle: Superman's still alive... I think... but he ain't looking good. I'm gonna see if I can lure it away.
- Booster Gold: Come again... We're gonna do what?! We're going to save Superman? Us? Blue beetle and Booster Go- oh, my... I think i know what this is now. [gulp]
- Oracle: You know what the hell this thing is? What is it, Mike?
- Booster Gold: Sure do, Barbara... It's the end of days. Doomsday is upon us.
Trivia and Notes
- Story continues in Oracle Files: Alex Parker 2.
- Debut of Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, and Doomsday.
- This is Earth-27 version of the famous storyline "The Death of Superman", but instead of people believing him dead, he is put into a coma by Doomsday.
- Booster Gold's comment about this being Doomsday is taken directly from the comics where he is the one to name Doomsday after seeing him beating Superman.
Links and References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.