- Dick Grayson: Whoa... No way! Bruce Wayne is Batman?!
- Alfred Pennyworth: [sigh] Among other things, yes. For instance, he will likely also be very cross at the both of us when he sees what you did to the room upstairs.
- Dick Grayson: [scoff] He's always cross. He'll get over it. Besides, you said all that stuff was priceless, so what's the big deal?
- Alfred Pennyworth: Priceless does not mean "free", Master Richard... [sigh] I will leave that to the good minds at Brentwood to teach you the difference in time. For now, I think our minds would be better served thinking of what we're going to tell Master Bruce when he returns from his evening out.
- Bruce Wayne: In that case, you better think fast.
- Alfred Pennyworth: Master Bruce, Miss St. Cloud... You're home... earlier than expected.
- Silver St. Cloud: [sigh] [sarcasm:] My fault, I'm afraid, Alfred. I couldn't on good conscience keep the Batman to myself when I knew there were criminals out there with perfectly good teeth just waiting for Batman to punch in. [chuckle, silence: 5,7 seconds] That was a joke, Bruce... You know what? I can see by your face, now's not a good time. I'll just go?
- Bruce Wayne: [sigh] Sorry, Silver. [moist lip smack] Alfred, will you show her out?
- Alfred Pennyworth: As you wish, sir. Come along, Master Richard...
- Bruce Wayne: No, Dick stays...
- Alfred Pennyworth: Master Bruce? Perhaps this would be a better conversation to have after a night's sleep?
- Bruce Wayne: No, Dick stays... Don't make my repeat myself.
- Alfred Pennyworth: [sigh] As you wish. Come on now, Miss St. Cloud. [footsteps]
- Bruce Wayne: [silence: 13,4 seconds] Come closer, Dick. No reason to be scared. I'm not going to hurt you.
- Dick Grayson: [scoff] I'm not scared! Okay... [sigh] I'm not scared that much... [sigh]
- Bruce Wayne: I can see you want to ask me something, but you're scared. I'll save you the trouble, Dick. The answer is "No".
- Dick Grayson: [scoff] How is that fair? You didn't even let me ask!
- Bruce Wayne: Okay... Ask.
- Dick Grayson: Okay! Great! So, the newspapers are calling you the Dark Knight. So, a Dark Knight needs a Dark Squire, right?
- Bruce Wayne: This isn't some fantasy story, Dick. There are real bad people out there in this city. Criminals that murder-
- Dick Grayson: Like Zucco? You don't think I don't know that?! He killed my parents! You know what- [sob,scoff] Forget it! [footsteps]
- Silver St. Cloud: Bruce! He's just a boy!
- Bruce Wayne: Huh? I thought you two-
- Alfred Pennyworth: Apologies, Master Bruce. The elevator seems to be stalled...
- Bruce Wayne: Maybe try the button... next to the door. [groan] The one that would light up if it were pushed.
- Alfred Pennyworth: [chuckle] Yes, well... be that as it may, perhaps should I remind you that you were in his shoes once upon a time.
- Bruce Wayne: [groans,long sigh] Dick... Hold up... [footsteps] Punch me... [hand slapping chest] If you can... Well? You want in?
- Dick Grayson: [scoff] Is this a trick? you want me to punch you?[footsteps, chuckle, knuckles crack] Best day ever! [whoosh, smack, pained gasp, smack, thud, angry grunt, clamber] Hey! You didn't say you were going to punch back!
- Bruce Wayne: Not bad. [chuckle] The speed and precision were excellent, but you telegraph. Still, I can work with this. Again!
Trivia and Notes
- Dick discovers Batman's secret identity.
- Debut of Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce Wayne and Silver St. Cloud.
- This is the remastered version of Oracle Files: Dick Grayson 1, with extra dialogue.
Links and References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.