- Bette Kane: Thanks for dinner, Maggie! It was delicious!
- Maggie Sawyer: [chuckle] It was take-out, but thanks anyway. [dishes clatter, water sloshing, dishes clatter, footsteps: 2 instances, keys jiggling] And where are you two off to at this hour?
- Kate Kane: You know me. I'm nocturnal babe.
- Maggie Sawyer: You're taking the car. So I know you're not going on patrol.
- Kate Kane: I haven't heard from Renee. I haven't checked on her.
- Maggie Sawyer: Now that you mention it, she has missed a couple shifts [sigh] I just thought it was the blue flu. Something else I need to know?
- Kate Kane: I think she found some new leads among the evidence from that warehouse raid in Hub City. Evidence that has got her in a mood.
- Maggie Sawyer: This relating to that Sage fellow?
- Kate Kane: Mm-hmm...
- Maggie Sawyer: Okay, but be careful out there. [footsteps, moist lip smack]
- Bette Kane: Wow... That's it? Just a "be careful" and a quick smooch?
- Maggie Sawyer: We have fun in the bedroom, Bette. We don't need to flaunt it.
- Bette Kane: [scoff] Not what I meant. No lecture about "vigilantes are just another word for criminal" or how this lifestyle is ruining her?
- Maggie Sawyer: Not my style.
- Bette Kane: Pretty sure I was directly quoting one of your interrogation speeches.
- Maggie Sawyer: [scoff, chuckle] See, there's a difference. When you were with the Sons of Batman, you were just a no-good degenerate: and now that you're with the Batwoman-
- Bette Kane: [hopeful:] I'm a hero?
- Maggie Sawyer: No. Not yet... [chuckle] But you're our no-good degenerate.
- Bette Kane: [scoff] Fair enough, Mags. Hey, you know what? I like you. Forget what I said about you.
- Maggie Sawyer: Oh? Really? You mean you want me to forget when you spit in my face and called me a [expletive] [expletive]-licking, [expletive]-[expletive] pig [expletive]?
- Bette Kane: nervous chuckle] If that's not too much to ask?
- Maggie Sawyer: [chuckle] Bring my wife back to my bed safe and sound, and we're square. Yeah?
- Bette Kane: [chuckle] Deal! [hands slapping together, handshake, scoff, bodies embracing]
Trivia and Notes
- Story continues in ObMod: Smoking Kills 1.
Links and References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.