- Edge City, KS
- June 17th 2004, 0942 CST
- Batgirl: [wind rushes, gasp] Sweet Earth! How I've missed you!
- Supergirl: Aw, what's the matter, Batsie? Cap'n go too fast for you?
- Batgirl: [scoff] I don't mind going fast. I fly a jet that can out pace you both... I just like to be buckled in, not cradled by a weirdo I just met!
- Captain Marvel: Hey!
- Batgirl: No offense, Captain.
- Supergirl: Yeah, she is right... you are kind of weird. So what's your deal? You an alien? You fly about as fast as my cousin. He's an alien.
- Captain Marvel: No, ma'am. I'm an American.
- Batgirl: Why is he posing like that?
- Supergirl: Maybe he thinks that's what us heroes do?
- Batgirl: Okay, so, Kara... Where're these gunrunners?
- Captain Marvel: I'll go scout out the area! Be back in a jiffy! [wind rushes]
- Batgirl: Wait... That's really annoying when people just disappear like that, you know?
- Supergirl: You're one to talk! Wait, did you hear that?
- Nyssa al Ghul: [excited laughter] Oh, look at this, David! A pair of baby capes have come to visit us!
- Supergirl: Where the hell did they come from? How'd they get so close without me hear-
- Batgirl: They're ninjas, Supergirl. It's what they do... So, Nyssa, your dad has you running guns now, does he? Or is this a side gig?
- Nyssa al Ghul: Guns? How pedestrian. Lucrative, yes... but I'm not in this for money, Batgirl. You should know that. Here, let me give you a sample of our product. [crystalline rock landing and rolling on concrete floor]
- Batgirl: Kryptonite?!
- Supergirl: Ugh.
- David Cain: [rapid footsteps, trigger safety disengaged] That's close enough. We don't want you getting any bright ideas, sunshine. [moaning, pained whimpering] Back up or I shoo-
- Captain Marvel: STRENGTH OF HERCULES! [wind rushes, slam, brick wall crumbling, body skipping across concrete, metallic object landing on concrete] Hey, girls, I found a bad guy!
- Nyssa al Ghul: Who the [expletive] are you? Another Kryptonian?
- Captain Marvel: Aw, c'mon! Seriously? Captain Marvel! The World's Mightiest Mortal!
- Batgirl: Stop posing already!
- Nyssa al Ghul: Never heard of you... but I got to admit. I do like the sound of that "mortal" part. [wicked laugh, sword unsheathing]
Trivia and Notes
- Story continues from Oracle Files: Karen Starr 2.
Links and References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.