- Amanda Waller: [door opens, footsteps] Valentin, Please tell me we have made progress. [door closes, footsteps]
- Professor Pyg: Pyg... Pyg can only promise so much in... in such short time.
- Amanda Waller: Fine... Let me see how much you've progressed since we last spoke.
- Professor Pyg: [snort, papers shuffling, footsteps, papers shuffling] Some data which may shed light on the reason's for Pyg's lack of success converting this one.
- Amanda Waller: He has developed an immunity to Red Kryptonite? how- How is this possible?
- Professor Pyg: [snort] That was merely the first test. Pyg ran more. Subject is immune to many of the effects of Kryptonite, of all manner.
- Amanda Waller: Okay. How?
- Professor Pyg: Particles in his blood. Microscopic. Similar to Kryptonite, but unlike it just the same.
- Amanda Waller: Exactly what are these particles?
- Professor Pyg: Unknown, likely some sort of mineral. Exactly what it is, Pyg can't say... but Pyg has seen this before.
- Amanda Waller: Where?
- Professor Pyg: Nygma.
- Amanda Waller: Riddler showed you these minerals before?
- Professor Pyg: [snort, chuckle, squeal, footsteps, refrigerator door opens, glass clinking, refrigerator door closes] No. Pyg seen it with Pyg's eyes. Through microscope.
- Amanda Waller: That vial... Nygma's blood? Before we sent him to the Phantom Zone, you collected his blood. Are you saying he has these same minerals?
- Professor Pyg: Yes. Nowhere near the concentration of this subject, but still present.
- Amanda Waller: Surely you have some theories, Valentine... A genius such as yourself-
- Professor Pyg: [snort, chuckle] Nygma's records indicate he once had cancer. He came to Pyg once, desperate for hope where Pyg could offer none. Now, cancer gone.
- Amanda Waller: And this subject? What is the connection?
- Professor Pyg: You and Pyg both know the story... Subject has arisen from the grave itself. These minerals give life. These minerals-
- Amanda Waller: Come from these fabled Lazarus Pit... Of course... but no! What is the connection to Kryptonite? Why would they counter Kryptonite?
- Professor Pyg: As Pyg said. Too similar! Subject has developed a tolerance. Subject is not viable for the Red Wash.
- Amanda Waller: What about the Neuro-Programming?
- Professor Pyg: Tetch's tech would work... for short periods of time, but even his mind is affected by these particles. Pyg cannot make promises to viability.
- Amanda Waller: This is disappointing. How about the alien?
- Professor Pyg: Remains in stasis for now.
- Amanda Waller: I know that! I meant her scan results. Have you learned anything of her anatomy?
- Professor Pyg: Much, but little ARGUS had not previously documented... [snort, footsteps, papers shuffling] Well, one thing of interest. [footsteps, papers shuffling]
- Amanda Waller: What is this? What am I looking at?
- Professor Pyg: Subject has trace elements of human DNA in her-
- Amanda Waller: I do not care about her love life. Obviously, she lives on Earth, who else would she fornicate with-
- Professor Pyg: [squeal, chuckle] Not just fornicate... Procreate. [squeal, chuckle]
- Amanda Waller: Are you saying she's pregnant?
- Professor Pyg: Was. Many years ago. The DNA remnants are in her womb and suggest she carried a human hybrid... and gave birth.
- Amanda Waller: Now that is interesting. Hmm... Well, these are interesting findings, Valentin. Continue with-
- Owl: [door opens] I heard we lost two assets in Markovia.
- Amanda Waller: Yes. That is true. The archer and the Amazon. The Amazon was making little progress and the archer had not begun the process as we were uncertain how the neuro-programming would affect the mapping of his cybernetic arm. Neither were especially viable candidates for the process.
- Owl: [door closes, footsteps] And this one here?
- Amanda Waller: Careful, sir, don't push that-
- Jason Todd: [beep, beep, liquids draining, liquid sloshing, whoosh, gasp, choke, thud, gasp, cough] Where- Where am I?
- Owl: Shh...
- Amanda Waller: Pyg. Put our subject back to his stasis pod.
- Owl: No progress seems to have been made on him at all...
- Amanda Waller: There have been... complication.
- Owl: Exactly what kind of complications, Amanda?
Trivia and Notes
- Story continues from ObMod: Outlawed 4.
- Story continues in ObMod: Outlawed 6.
- Nygma has already escaped the Phantom Zone, as seen in ObMod: Zoning Out 5.
- It is revealed that Starfire has a daughter. It is later revealed that the father is Dick Grayson.
Links and References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.