History (Submitted by GothGurl)
Kevin Beckman: 1986 - 2004
Kevin is from the small town of Kurrumburra to Reagan and Leo Beckman. He was the second-born of three boys. His maternal grandfather was a Dutch immigrant and his maternal grandmother was of Irish descent. His paternal line is English, Scottish, and German.
Note: I include notes on his heritage as Erin had me dig deep into his heritage to determine if he had any daimon in him. Yes, Erin was convinced he was a god. Well, wait, no, she insisted he was a "chiseled, godlike specimen of a man" - her exact words.
At the moment of the Manhattaning event, baby Kevin woke up from his crib and screamed without pause, not even when soothed or fed. Kevin had to be hospitalized, during which it was discovered he had suffered some sort of neurological problem which resembled a stroke. After five days of sedation, Kevin stopped crying but his cognitive ability appeared to have regressed considerably.
Due to Kevin's neurological problems, he was homeschooled by his mother. Due to his lack of a firm grasp of concepts like history and math, Kevin's father worked on more abstract art-based education to aid Kevin in life as an adult, able to work as an entertainer.
Kevin Beckman: 2004 - 2013
After leaving home, Kevin worked as an underwear model and part-time actor. He landed a decent gig as a recurring character on two seasons of an Australian soap opera which earned the interest of a Flashman Talent which helped arranged his relocation to Star City.
While between acting jobs, Kevin worked part-time at a pharmacy and played saxophone for a house band at a jazz club. Eventually, Kevin got his big break when he was cast in "War for Justice: Amazons Attack!" as Booster Gold. Even though Kevin was fortunate (or unfortunate) enough to be allowed to shadow Booster Gold for two weeks to prepare for this role (a "luxury" not afforded to any other actors, simply due to Booster contacting the studio himself and making the arrangements), the film was ultimately scrapped mid-shoot after several of its actors were killed or abducted on-set during the opening event of Hell on Earth.
Kevin Beckman: 2013
Kevin's service dog, Mike Hat, sensed the impending interdimensional crossrip and lured Kevin to safety, in full costume and make-up. When demons and other hellspawn flooded the city, Kevin and Mike Hat laid low until several days later when they ran into a team of newly recruited Ghostbusters. As Kevin was still decked out in costume and accompanied by a dog in what resembled tactical gear (in reality a service dog harness), he was falsely believed to be a hero worth recruiting to man their extra proton pack and be the fourth member of their team.
Kevin agreed to join the team (Much to Erin Gilbert's delight), but when he was first confronted with an actual demon, Kevin froze. The next time, he ran away and Mike Hat had to lead the Ghostbusters to where Kevin was hiding and crying. Kevin admitted to not being a real hero, but thought he was a good enough actor to pretend. Still, Kevin stuck around and helped in a support capacity (well, that is to say, Mike Hat helped).
Kevin Beckman: 2013 - Present
- (Submitted by GothGurl) Kevin is psychic. But he wasn't aware of this until recently, after he was already affiliated by the Ghostbusters. Janine was about to fire him when she noticed Kevin's easygoing nature allowed him to connect well with customers in person. While noticing this, Janine also felt a sensation and mentioned it to Egon and Ray, who had Kevin tested for psychic ability.
- (Submitted by TurtleGurl84) Here's some fun facts for Kevin Beckman:
- His favorite food is hot dogs. Kevin hates coffee.
- Kevin enjoys people-watching in the morning.
- Thinks he can do wonders if he could rework the Ghostbusters logo.
- Kevin took the lenses out of his glasses because they "kept getting dirty."
- Psionic Abilities
- Empathic Reception
- Lucid Dreamer
- Skilled Saxophone Player
- Speaks Spanish (but he forgets this sometimes)
- Dabbles in Web Design
- Severe ADHD
- Mild Dyslexia
- Migraines Triggered by Ringing Sounds
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Sleeping Disorders
- Mild Narcolepsy
- Severe Night Terrors
- Physicality: 4 - Expert / Enhanced
- Occult: 4 - Expert / Enhanced
- Weapons: 2 - Basic / Typical
- Experience: 1 - Paltry / Below-Average
- Ranged: 3 - Trained / Exceptional
- Strategy: 0 - Abysmal / Nonexistent
Trivia and Notes
- Kevin has a Threat Assessment ranking of 28, marking him as a Minimal Threat.
- He was hired by the Ghostbusters because they thought he was some sort of action hero but turns out he's just a cowardly, less than genius underwear model who wants to be a movie star. But his heart is in the right place, so they keep him around (plus Erin can't take her eyes off the guy).
- Kevin Beckman is a character from the 2016 Ghostbusters film and its related media.
- The handle in his box might be a nod to Mjolnir, the hammer of Thor. Chris Hemsworth portrayed both Kevin in Ghostbusters (2016) and Thor in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- The stethoscope and saxophone are props featured in his professional headshots in Ghostbusters (2016).
- His brothers Duke and Ian are pastiches of Chris Hemsworth's brothers Luke and Liam.