- 1 History (Submitted by Operator)
- 2 Threat Assessment
- 3 Trivia and Notes
- 4 Links and References
History (Submitted by Operator)
Jillian Holtzmann: 1989 - 2000
Jillian Holtzmann is the product of an affair between two Ivy University professors. Though raised by her mother (or at least in her mother's home by staff paid for by her mother), Jillian took after her father with uncanny genius and extremely skewed social ability. Growing up, Jillian Holtzmann didn't identify with most people and faked her way through most personal interactions. Jillian took comfort in being able to make sense of what she built and fixed.
Jillian Holtzmann: 2000
At ten, Jillian became one of the youngest students ever admitted to Ivy University as a participant of its youth initiative, though only on a part-time basis. Around her eleventh birthday, Jillian met Egon Spengler while he was attending a seminar at Ivy University. The two recognized each other as having the same father but both left the encounter thinking the other was strange and had no intents of ever speaking again.
Jillian Holtzmann: 2000 - 2007
Working hard (in her own strange way), Jillian acquired four doctorates in a very eclectic range of fields. When she was sixteen, her mother passed away and in processing her grief, Jillian decided to have her peers call her Holtzmann (she explains that this was since "Jillian" was what her mother called her). Also as a means to deal with her grief, Jillian began developing technology for weapons which would lead to her accepting a job offer at the STAR Labs' Weapon Division once she turned eighteen.
Jillian Holtzmann: 2007 - 2009
In Star City, Holtzmann developed a lot of cutting-edge technology and became a bit of a rising star in the tech center... and then there was a lab accident. Many of the details are classified by the United States military, but we know that Holtzmann herself was involved in an explosion which put her in a coma for two months and may have suffered some memory loss and/or brain damage. After her recovery, Holtzmann was promptly fired, resulting in her crashing on her half-brother's couch for six weeks.
Jillian Holtzmann: 2009 - 2013
During her brief stay with Egon, which coincided with his own firing from Seaview University, Holtzmann may have had an uncredited hand in helping Ray and Egon develop their proton pack technology. However, before the technology was completed and tested, Holtzmann (who was never into the whole "supernatural stuff" that Egon and his friends were adamant about) bailed on her half-brother to go get a job at the Engineering Department of the very university that had fired Egon just months before (concealing the fact that she and Egon were related).
Holtzmann kept a relatively low profile for a while, mostly as she was doing her best to avoid her new employer from learning about her past with STAR Labs. However, after some time with the university, she fell in with fellow engineer Abby Yates who needed help actualizing some concepts. The two became friends in no time, in spite of Abby's immense love for the paranormal (which rubbed off on Holtzmann).
Jillian Holtzmann: 2013 - Present
- (Submitted by Four-Eyes) Ray Stantz offered Holtzmann a chance to be a founding Ghostbuster, but she was sure they were going to crash and burn within six months (and she still thought Egon was weird). Holtzmann's friendship with Abby Yates later helped her bond with Egon and Holtzmann decided to return the favor by going out of her way to repair Abby and Erin's broken friendship.
- (Submitted by TurtleGurl84) Here are some fun facts for Jillian Holtzmann:
- Holtzmann is a Virgo. She claims to be strictly attracted to Scorpios.
- Holtzmann claims to be a card-carrying member of the Norsefire Party, but I'm certain this is just her off-beat way of saying she doesn't like politics as she has said some damning things about Adam Sutler and his supporters. BTW- She does some spot-on political figure impressions.
- Hydrochloric Acid is Holtzmann's favorite acid.
- While conducting mycological experiments, Holtzy claims to have encounters with aliens (twice), cavemen, a ghost named Toby, an angel named Keith, & a "9-foot tall goat-man called Krinkelmaus."
- Genius Intellect
- Eidetic Memory
- World-Class Engineer
- Master Chemist
- Master Martial Artist
- Master Metallurgist
- Master Mycologist
- Expert Parapsychologist
- Expert Physicist
- Avid Skier
- Difficulty Empathizing with Others
- Erotomania centered on Erin Gilbert
- Prone to Pranking Others (or "Experimenting")
- Salty Foods (particularly Potato Chips)
- Physicality: 3 - Trained / Exceptional
- Occult: 3 - Trained / Exceptional
- Weaponry: 5 - Master / Remarkable
- Expertise: 5 - Master / Remarkable
- Range: 3 - Trained / Exceptional
- Strategy: 1 - Paltry / Below Average
Trivia and Notes
- Holtzmann has a Threat Assessment ranking of 46, marking her as a Low Threat.
- Abby is her "First" friend, Erin is her "Flirty" friend, and Patty is her "Mouthy" friend.
- She, Erin, and Abby are former assistants of Ray, Egon and Peter during their time at Seaview University.
- Jillian is Egon's half-sister. She's definitely more outgoing and crazy than he is. She's a bit of a mad scientist herself, with more engineering know-how than her brother had (he's mostly book smarts and she's more trial and error).
- During the Hell on Earth event of 2013, Abby became possessed by a foreign entity. Patty realized that something was amiss with Abby. When confronted, Abby attacked Holtzmann. Patty intervened, saving Holtzmann's life. Once she wrestled the possessed Abby to the ground, Patty slapped Abby so hard it knocked the entity right out of her.
- Jillian Holtzmann is a character from the 2016 Ghostbusters film and its related media.
- Her impressions are a nod to her actress Kate McKinnon's impressions of various politicians and celebrities on Saturday Night Live.