- Nightwing: ...so after I finished up with Blockbuster, I went back home to clean the rubble out of my hair and suit; and guess who was lurking around my lair.
- Barbara Gordon: [gasp] No! She wouldn’t…
- Nightwing: Yeah, Bette was there, helping herself to my fridge –
- Barbara Gordon: Hold on, Dick. My dad’s calling on the other line. [LINE SWAP] Dad?
- Jim Gordon: How did you know it was me?
- [VOX CONFIRMATION: Gordon, James – GCPD Commissioner]
- Barbara Gordon: [sigh] It’s called Caller ID, dad.
- Jim Gordon: Oh, right… [sigh] Say, you’re not in the East End tonight, are you?
- Barbara Gordon: No. I’m at home… as I usually am at two in the morning.
- Jim Gordon: [sigh] Oh, okay… I’m sorry, it’s just that Jonathan Crane called in a –
- Barbara Gordon: A bomb threat near Park Row. [tongue click] Yeah, I know.
- Jim Gordon: How did you know that?
- Barbara Gordon: Uh… [face palm] An app? Yeah… One of those Police Scanner apps.
- Jim Gordon: Oh, right… [chuckle, sigh] I swear, one of these days I’ll be obsolete.
- Barbara Gordon: No machine or program can replace you, dad… No yet anyways. [chuckle]
Trivia and Notes
- This VOX Box used to be part of Oracle Files: Bruce Wayne 1.
- This was the first ever made VOX Box of Earth-27.
- Debut of Nightwing, Oracle and Jim Gordon.
- Story continues in Oracle Files: Ambush Bug.
Links and References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.