- Watchtower, Earth's Orbit
- February 1st 2017, 0111 Local Time
- Damian Wayne: Nervous?
- Superman: Yeah... My wife's on the other side of that wall giving birth to a half-alien child in a room that is hermetically sealed and sound-proof.
- Damian Wayne: And you find that unsettling because you can't eavesdrop? I understand that. Very well, Kryptonian... I will give you my sympathy.
- Superman: Oh, wow... I feel bad now that I didn't get you anything... [chuckle] Wait, is your phone sync'd to the Watchtower's media files?
- Damian Wayne: Yes... Why?
- Superman: [rush of air] Very well... I'll give you the greatest gift of all. [beep, muffled rock music]
- Damian Wayne: What is this I am listening to?
- Superman: Just be quiet and listen to it. It's-
- Damian Wayne: Garbage. [music paused, headphones clattering on metallic surface]
- Superman: Hey, that's my favorite song! You didn't even give it a chance-
- Damian Wayne: Land of Confusion. Recorded by Genesis in 1986, I believe.
- Superman: Oh, so you have heard of it. Excellent! Did you know that Phil Collins was the-
- Damian Wayne: Lead singer and drummer of Genesis? Yes. I also know that Disturbed's 2006 cover is the superior version.
- Superman: No, no, no! Phil Collins is the best... Seriously, you don't get much better art than that which is made by Phil.
- Damian Wayne: I thought Kryptonians had super-hearing... Ask Midnight to check your's before you leave.
- Superman: You're a lot like your father... and I don't mean that as a compliment.
- Dr. Midnight: [door whooshes open, baby cries, footsteps] Superman...
- Superman: Doctor, is... is she-
- Dr. Midnight: Now, now... Lois is fine. The delivery went much smoother than the last two, especially impressive as this was twins. You can see th-
- Superman: Wait a minute... Doc, did you say twins?
- Hooty: Affirmative, [whirring] It appears Kryptonian children can undergo mitosis at a stage much later than human children. Prior scans had fail-
- Superman: We have twins?!
- Lois Lane: [distant chuckle] [shout:] Yes, Smallville! That's what the doc said! [chuckle] Now get in here and help me name these cuties.
Trivia and Notes
- Birth of Superman and Lois' twins Carol and Jane.
- Story continues in Oracle Files: Jon Kent 1.
- This VOX Box used to be part of Oracle Files: Clark Kent 3, but it has a few changes:
- In the original VOX Box Damian appeared with a bandage in the head, after his confrontation with Heretic (that was the reason he was in the Watchtower infirmary).
- As the original VOX Box takes place pre-reboot, this was the birth of Clark and Lois' first babies (Jon and Laura). Now Dr. Midnight mentions that this is Lois' third delivery.
Links and References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.