- Westward Bridge, Gotham City, NJ
- November 27th 2011, 1919 Local Time
- Oracle: Okay, I have Dick synced-in…
- Dick Grayson: What’s the problem and how can I help? Do I need to pull over and get my costume?
- Batman: No. I’m in pursuit of a woman on foot and she’s en route to Blüdhaven. I need you to head her off.
- Dick Grayson: A woman on foot? You must have really let yourself go without me to keep you in shape.
- Alfred Pennyworth: Master Dick, allow me to explain: this woman in question is a metahuman, it seems.
- Oracle: She is outpacing the Batmobile in traffic… and she’s doing it in high heels.
- Dick Grayson: Is she a criminal or is she one of Bruce’s dates turned off by that pungent cologne of his.
- Oracle: Sorry not to laugh at your joke, Dick… but I’m getting a lot of feedback, Bruce. I can’t get a lock on her. Is she maybe wearing some sort of jamming device?
- Batman: Doubtful. She’s in lingerie and thigh-high boots.
- Alfred Pennyworth: Oh my.
- Dick Grayson: Uh… She shouldn’t be hard to spot then. So what would be causing the interference, Babs?
- Oracle: It can’t be anything stationary. She’s moving too fast to stay within range. It has to be mobile.
- Batman: Probably residual metahuman energy.
- Alfred Pennyworth: You’re making that up, sir. Surely such a thing can’t exist.
- Batman: Alfred, I will remind you that every other Thursday I have coffee with an alien from another planet.
Trivia and Notes
- This VOX Box used to be part of an outdated Oracle Files: Dick Grayson 2.
- Story continues in Oracle Files: Zatanna Zatara 1.
Links and References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.