History (Submitted by Oracle)
Delia and Deidre Dennis are a pair of twin sisters born from an affair between Barry Quinzel, the older brother of one Harleen Quinzel, and Martha Dennis, his former landlady. Upon discovering the affair, Hugh Dennis (Martha's husband) kicked Barry out of the property he was renting and threatened to shoot him if he ever returned.
Deidre Dennis: 1997 - 2011
Martha Dennis carried the twins to term. Her husband wanted the twins given up for adoption, but Martha refused. Growing up, Delia and Deidre were mischievous and delighted in tormenting Hugh - mostly because he made no secret of his disdain for the girls.
When the girls were thirteen, they pestered Hugh to drive them to gymnastics practice when their mother called to warn the girls she was going to be late to take them herself. Even though Hugh had been drinking, he agreed to take the girls to practice. En route, Hugh drove the family car into incoming traffic, causing a horrific accident.
The girls were comatose for two months after the crash, but when they awoke (at the same time), both reported that they shared the prolonged dreamspace. Doctors initially dismissed this, but Delia and Deidre knew it had happened as that link remained.
Dee Dee: 2011 - 2015
The twin sisters continued to practice their newfound powers. As their bond grew stronger, they found that they also could join their auras together to cause a surge of power which strengthened their physique, making them stronger, faster, and more durable - roughly the equivalent of world-class Olympic athletes.
The two slowly began to shrug off schoolwork in favor of engaging in petty crimes and delinquent behavior. During the summer break before their senior year, the two stole Hugh's car. When they returned it after a four-night binge of underage drinking, Hugh drew his gun on Delia. Deidre panicked and struck Hugh with a tire iron.
Afraid that their past behavior would warrant prison time, the twins went to the only place they believed they would be safe - their actual father's house. Only Barry was on vacation and not home.
While doing some illegal house-sitting, the twins found a scrapbook Barry kept of his sister's criminal deeds. Upon discovering that their aunt was the Harley Quinn, the twins decided that she would keep them out of prison and so the pair went across town to Amusement Mile, looking for trouble.
Dee Dee: 2015 - Present
Through their criminal connections, the sisters found their way into one of the Joker's recruitment drives. The Joker didn't find them all that amusing until they mentioned they were Harley Quinn's nieces, at which point Joker welcomed them to the gang. It took the twins a few months to realize that Marian Drews was not their actual aunt, and was only playing the part to amuse the Joker, but by that time, the sisters decided they liked being in on the joke and decided to stay.
- (Submitted by Oracle) The twins' POWERS ranking includes a secondary rating. This reflects the amplified ability of the twins when in close proximity to their sister. Secondary ratings are in effect up to a distance of a few city blocks, with the exception of the Physicality rating which requires them to be within ten yards or less.
- (Submitted by Intrepid) Dee Dee is a joint moniker shared by the twins. It is not uncommon for them to converse in unison or switching speakers mid-sentence. Their psionic familiarity and enhanced synergy with one another allows them to coordinate their actions and thoughts with incredible precision - provided that they are both working toward the same goal.
- (Submitted by Jester) Although they are two individuals, Dee Dee often seem to act as though they are actually one person in two bodies. This seems to be a temporary effect of their powers, possibly triggered by adrenaline or a conscious effort to synchronize their goals. Surveillance of the sisters in downtime shows them regularly quarreling with one another in a manner which aligns with their lack of maturity. Ambushes may be an effective strategy.
- (Submitted by Radar) These twin sisters feel very vulnerable when not in close proximity to one another. According to a reliable source, the twins often pursue the same romantic interest as a way to mitigate the risk of them ever being caught alone, and to satisfy their innate drive to protect one another. As they are single, I presume they are a bit too much for most lovers to handle.
- Psionic Metahuman Physiology
- Twin Familiarity Sense
- Enhanced Physicality (Proximity-Based)
- Enhanced Synergy
- Expert Gymnast
- Expert Martial Artist
- Separation Anxiety
- Sibling Rivalry
- Physicality: 3 (4) - Trained / Exceptional (Expert / Enhanced)
- Occult: 2 - Basic / Typical
- Weaponry: 3 (4) - Trained / Exceptional (Expert / Enhanced)
- Expertise: 2 - Basic / Typical
- Range: 3 (4) - Trained / Exceptional (Expert / Enhanced)
- Strategy: 2 (3) - Basic / Typical (Trained / Exceptional)
Trivia and Notes
- Deidre Dennis has a Threat Assessment ranking of 21, marking her as a Least Concern Threat, but when she's with her sister she has a ranking of 39 - Moderate Threat.
- Dee Dee is a character from Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker animated movie.
- In the movie they were granddaughters of Harley Quinn.
- The family connections are Earth-27 original:
- Danny Dennis in the comics was Rex the Wonder Dog's owner.
- Martha is Danny's mother, but her husband is called Phillip. Hugh Dennis might be a nod to a character from Impact Universe.
- Barry Quinzel had two children: Nicky and Jenny.