NOTE: This character's second portrait awaits sponsorship. You can sponsor it here. Your support will allow this character to be explored in Earth-27.
History (Submitted by Four-Eyes)
Dean Winchester: 1989 - 1993
Dean had a happy young childhood, but it didn't last long. A few short months after the birth of his younger brother, Sam, Dean's mother was killed in a fire which Dean would later learn was started by a demon.
Dean Winchester: 1993 - 2005
The remainder of Dean's childhood was spent on the road with his father and brother. He was taught to hunt supernatural predators such as monsters, demons, devils, witches, pagan gods, and faeries. When he was twelve, Dean built his first sawed-off shotgun. For Christmas that year, Dean was given an amulet by Sam.
Dean Winchester: 2005 - 2006
Dean made his first kill - a werewolf - at sixteen years old. After this successful hunt, John decided he could leave Dean and Sam alone while he went on a hunt he felt was too dangerous for his sons. Two weeks later, Dean was arrested for stealing food after losing all of his and Sam's money in a card game. Dean was too young to stay in jail and spent the summer in a boy's home before John came to collect him.
Dean Winchester: 2006 - 2007
John "parked" Dean and Sam in Fallville, Iowa, where they attended Lampert High School. Due to a fallout with a girlfriend during this time, Dean declared high school was for "chumps" and never graduated.
Dean Winchester: 2007 - 2009
While John and Sam were wrapping up a banshee hunt in Florida, Dean went on a road trip of easy hunts that was meant to be "5 hunts in 5 states in 5 days." On day 3, Dean met a yoga teacher named Lisa and got sidetracked with what he still refers to as the "bendiest weekend."
Dean Winchester: 2009 - 2013
While on another solo hunt, Dean began dating a college student named Cassie. Even though the two only went out for a couple of weeks, Dean was madly in love with Cassie. She was the first person he'd ever felt that way about. When he finished the hunt, Dean asked Cassie to come with him. In the process, he also revealed he had lied to her about his true occupation. Upset by this, Cassie rejected Dean.
Following this, Dean returned to his family. Within a year, John and Sam had an argument and Sam had left to go to college. These two events hit Dean hard and he decided it was stupid for someone like him to ever bother getting so close with anyone.
Dean Winchester: 2013 - 2015
Preferring to work alone, Dean was working a case involving a demon cult in Star City in the summer of 2013. Before he realized he was in over his head, the entire city was consumed by a slew of hellspawn. Dean's skills helped him survive, though he was left deeply disturbed.
As things began to settle into a more familiar flow, John went missing on a hunt in Happy Harbor. Worried, Dean decided to go to nearby Ivy Town to ask his brother Sam to help him find their father.
Dean Winchester: 2015 - Present
- (Submitted by Four-Eyes) Dean claims he doesn't want an 'apple-pie life', which is interesting when you consider that Dean's favorite food is 'pie' (he's not picky about flavors) and it's obvious that Dean secretly desires a normal life. Dean's consumption of pie could be his way of enjoying the idea of normalcy, albeit for a moment - like tasting a literal slice of life?
- Occultist Training
- Master of Monster Lore
- Expert Occult Ritualist
- Expert Wardsmith & Bindwright
- Capable Summoner, Exorcist, & Banisher
- Hunter Training
- Master Tactician & Strategist
- Master Escapologist, Infiltrator, & Locksmith
- Expert Brawler, Knifefighter, & Grappler
- Expert Marksman and Arbalist
- Expert Mechanic & Tinkerer
- Capable Tracker & Survivalist
- Indomitable Willpower
- "Baby", 1967 Chevrolet Impala
- Hunting Arsenal in the Trunk
- Handguns, Shotguns, Rifles, and Knife Aplenty
- Stakes, gallons of Holy water, and salt - lots of salt
- 37mm AmerTek Grenade Launcher
- Brass Knuckles, Harpoon Gun, Axes, Nunchucks
- Hunting Arsenal in the Trunk
- Custom .45 Colt 1911 Semi-Automatic Pistol
- Brass Amulet of Mesopotamian Origin
- Libidinous Lifestyle
- Pteromerhanophobia (Fear of Flying)
- Severe Motion Sickness (if passenger in a car or being teleported)
Trivia and Notes
- He has a crush on Daphne Blake, but has never met her personally.
- During events of Hell on Earth he saved Tig Rafelson. They stayed together during the siege, but got later separated. They met again two years later. Dean also met teenage turtles and Shaggy, Velma, and Scooby-Doo. He also saved Irma Langinstein, an event which made her realize she's bisexual.
- Due to the illegal activity involved in his job he and his brother are on the FBI's radar, and have even become a personal mission for Victor Henriksen.
- He listens to music of Joe Satriani, Metallica, One Six Seven, Fifth World Raga, Boojum, Black Sabbath, Mucous Membrane. and Scorpions. His favorite song is between Led Zeppelin's "Ramble On" and "Traveling Riverside Blues".
- While celebrating the Fourth of July, Sam and Dean set off a box full of fireworks near Bobby's house and nearly burned the field down. Upset by this, Bobby told John to take his boys back. Bobby's anger lasted all of a week before he was begging John to bring them back.
- He encountered a being called Trickster (archangel Gabriel), who send him to a some place with Jo Harvelle.
- The amulet Dean received is a Divine Reservoir Bobby Singer found in a demonic treasure vault.
- Dean Winchester is a character from the Supernatural TV series.
- He is related to Jeb Turnbull, Franklin Clay, Edward Blake, and John Winchester, all of whom were played by the actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan.
- In the comics Martin Campbell was a professor at Ivy University, Donald Campbell was an enemy of Huntress called Omerta, and Quentin Turnbull was Jonah Hex's enemy.
- His aliases are his actual aliases used in various episodes:
- Dean Mahogoff - Born Under a Bad Sign
- Kris Warren - Something Wicked
- John Bonham (based on a drummer from Led Zeppelin) - Scarecrow, Fallen Idol, Repo Man, Remember the Titans, Bloodlines
- Robert Plant (based on a lead singer from Led Zeppelin) - Bedtime Stories, I Believe the Children Are Our Future, Advanced Thanatology
- Agent Ford (based on actor Harrison Ford) - Dead in the Water
- Det. Landis (based on director John Landis) - Heart
- Det. Turner (based on band Bachman-Turner Overdrive) - Malleus Maleficarum
- Dr. Hetfield (based on singer James Hetfield) - Phantom Traveler
- Father Simmons (based on singer Gene Simmons) - Nightmare
- Marshal Gibbons (based on musician Billy Gibbons) - Croatoan
- Dean's music choice is a nod to bands from the comics:
- One Six Seven - Vertigo Pop! Tokyo
- Fifth World Raga - Ghostdancing
- Boojum - Anima
- Dean and Jo's encounter with Gabriel might be a nod to the episode "Changing Channel", where Sam and Dean are put in TV Shows.
Links and References
- ↑ Network Files: Dean Winchester 1
- ↑ Roy Reimagines... Supernatural
- ↑ VOX Box: Hell on Earth - Tig Meets Dean
- ↑ VOX Box: Hell on Earth 2
- ↑ Network Files: Irma Langinstein 1
- ↑ VOX Box: Carry On 1
- ↑ VOX Box: Friends Old and New 10
- ↑ VOX Box: Friends Old and New 7
- ↑ NFX: Bobby Singer
- ↑ VOX Box: On the Head of a Pin 6