NOTE: This character's second portrait awaits sponsorship. You can sponsor it here. Your support will allow this character to be explored in Earth-27.
History (Submitted by Four-Eyes)
Dana Barrett: 1982 - 2001
Dana was born at such a time when the sun was in Scorpio, the moon was in Leo, and Aquarius was rising. What does that mean? On its own, not much. But when you factor in the exact location of her birth, she was an ideal candidate to receive an endowment of residual esoteric energy, which gave her an innate connection to the supernatural - though it would be some time before she ever realized this.
Though Dana did report some vaguely unusual memories as a child, her family dismissed these at the time and she accepted their reasoning without issue. This possibly created some mental blocks in Dana's mind, allowing her to consciously override her supernatural senses. This appears to have allowed Dana to go on to have a pleasant childhood, despite the efforts of her younger twin brothers to annoy her at all times.
There was an "unresolved tempest" in Dana's soul. She often times felt angry or upset without any explanation, but she discovered art eased her troubles. When frequent trips to the museum became a burden on her parents, Dana decided to start making her own art. She discovered she had a remarkable technical talent, but she never felt particularly inspired and would often just replicate the art she had seen in museums or imagery she had encountered on television.
Dana Barrett: 2001 - 2005
After graduating, Dana decided to study art. Her portfolio allowed her to enroll in Central City's Academy of Arts college programs. Dana focused most of her efforts on painting, but also studied the history of art, music theory, and even became an accomplished string player, particularly with the cello. Dana spent her summers touring with the Academy's orchestra as one of its cellists at shows across America and in Europe as a means to help her parents pay her tuition.
Dana Barrett: 2005 - 2008
After graduating, Dana spent a summer working at the brand-new Flash Museum as a member of its interior design team, but she found the work unstimulating and felt her inner-turmoil raging inside her. She applied at the Central City Museum of Classical Arts, but withdrew her application when one of her old professors recommended her for a job as an Art Conservator at the Star City Museum of Arts for twice what the Museums in Central City were willing to pay.
In Star City, Dana felt fulfilled even though she mostly kept to herself. Her social life outside of work was limited to long phone calls with her hungry-for-grandkids mother. When men did approach her about dating, Dana was kind but firm in rejecting them, almost as a general rule.
Dana Barrett: 2008 - 2010
One day, while at work, Dana was approached by a man named Albert Davis. This man explained he owned a luxury apartment building and was looking for an artist to paint a mural in the lobby. Dana tried to steer him to another artist, but his offer of an apartment overlooking Plesa Park was too tempting for Dana to pass up. Dana took the gig and fell in love with her new place, even if it came with a nice but obnoxious neighbor.
Dana Barrett: 2010 - Present
- (Submitted by TurtleGurl84) Here are some quick facts about Dana Barrett!
- (Submitted by Operator) So it turns out Dana was living in a demonic antenna, right? So why doesn't she just move? I mean, that view from her apartment is to die for! Okay, okay... in all seriousness, the city could not demolish Dillin Tower as the Ghostbusters were quick to point out that it was so tightly-woven into a geomantic nexus as to make itself integral to Star City's esoteric health. Complete destruction could result in all manner of Biblical destruction. You get the point. So, instead the city allowed Stantz and Spengler to devise a means to convert Dillin Tower's absorbed psychic energy and feed it back into the city's power grid. Residents of the Glades now get free power. As for Dana, she lived at the Stantz Farm in Oak Forest until repairs on her apartment were finished. She did think about moving out but agreed to stay with 50% rent reduction. For a place overlooking Plesa Park at half-off, I'd let a demon possess me for a day, too! Is that bad of me to say?
- Classical Arts Degree
- Master Painter
- Master Historian of Arts
- Master Musical Theorist
- Master Cellist
- Expert on Antiquities
- Expert Violinist
- Severe Maternal Instincts
- Past Gatekeeper of Gozer
- Residual Infernal Telepathic Reception
- Residual Latent Familiarity with Zuul
- Supernatural Senses
- Oscar Barrett
- Peter Venkman
- Prone to Infernal Possession
- Physicality: 2 - Basic / Typical
- Occult: 4 - Expert / Enhanced
- Weaponry: 1 - Paltry / Below-Average
- Expertise: 3 - Trained / Exceptional
- Range: 2 - Basic / Typical
- Strategy: 2 - Basic / Typical
Trivia and Notes
- Dana has a Threat Assessment ranking of 22, marking her as a Low Threat.
- Louis Tully is Oscar's father.
- After her possession her body became Zuul's template. Possession also left her with psychic abilities.
- Dana Barrett is a character from the Ghostbusters films and its related media.
- Dana's family has nods to many characters from the comics and media:
- Paul Barrett is the public defender of Central City in The Flash comics.
- Sandra Barrett is a member of DEO in the comics.
- Her two brothers, Doug and Davey, were mentioned in the novelization of the first film: Ghostbusters: The Supernatural Spectacular by Richard Mueller.
- Her boss, Janosz Poha, is a villain from the second movie.
- In the Ghostbusters media it was never confirmed who Oscar's father was.