NOTE: This character's second portrait awaits sponsorship. You can sponsor it here. Your support will allow this character to be explored in Earth-27.
Childhood: 1950 - 1963
Charles was born into wealth and education. His father was a doctor and his mother was a wealthy heiress with a passion for philanthropy. Charles also had an older half-brother, Cain Marko, a child born from Sharon's previous marriage. Charles was a happy child in his early youth until the death of his father at the age of eight.
Though Charles' mother didn't remarry, she did become intimate with her first husband once again. The resparked romance eventually would lead to Kurt and Cain Marko moving into the Graymalkin estate. After the Markos moved in, Kurt Marko tried to win over the gentle, smart Charles, showering Charles with gifts and praise, often to the neglect of his own son. Cain responded to this by misbehaving and eventually the constant bullying of Charles. This became an intense rivalry which only became fueled when Charles' powers developed.
Coming of Age: 1963 - 1968
Charles became aware of his own telepathic powers shortly after his thirteenth birthday. Charles learned to control his abilities, often using his powers to humiliate his older brother and avoid the resulting beating. This went on for just three more years when the decidedly violent Cain decided to to volunteer for serving in the Army and shipped out to Vietnam. Almost a year later, Cain was reported as AWOL, distressing his parents.
Though Charles had a scholarship and could use his college admission to avoid the draft, Charles chose to follow into military service two years after his brother. He was intent on serving his country and hoped he could provide his mother with some reassuring news of Cain.
Military Service: 1968 - 1970
The ravages of war provided to be taxing on the young telepath. So much death and hate proved to be a toxic environment. Charles served with honor and earned some medals, but came home with a sense of failure. He sensed Cain's presence at one point in Vietnam but never found him. Both Sharon and Kurt died shortly after Charles' return from war.
Empire State University: 1970 - 1992
At ESU, Charles studied genetics and education. After graduation, he became a professor of Genetics at the school and played a large role in the college securing the grant to partake in the Human Genome Project. Charles had hoped to use the project to find more like him.
Erik and Charles became quick friends, bonding over lofty ambitions for the mutant race. Charles' relationship with Moira began as a mentor and eventually evolved to become her lover and husband.
When Charles and Erik realized that there was another entity using the HGP to locate mutants, the two stole documents on mutated genes. After stalling the discovery of mutants, Charles resigned.
Xavier's Dream: 1992 - 1995
At his family estate, Charles and his young wife decided to establish a haven and school for mutants. Erik was eventually convinced to bring his children to the estate. Charles and Erik were able to locate many teens and enroll them into a private boarding school for 'Gifted Youngsters'.
Erik and Charles used the stolen files to locate other mutants. Erik bought his children to the estate and also contacted some other mutants he had encountered in his past to aid them, while Charles invited Moira MacTaggert to help. Moira was a non-mutant, but she had learned of Charles and Erik's nature and was sympathetic - and Charles had taken quite a shine to her.
Soon after the first classes began, Charles, Erik, Moira, and student Hank McCoy began working on a machine using their understanding of the mutant genome to allow Charles' telepathy to track down mutants across the globe.
- Mutant Level: Charles is an Alpha-Level Mutant with Alpha-Level projected potential.
- Mutation - Telepath: Charles is quite possibly the world's greatest telepath. He is able to read minds and project his own thoughts into the minds of others within a radius of 120 miles (193 km), though much closer proximity allows for a far greater level of precision.
- Astral Projection: Charles can use astral travel and communicate with others astrally. In the astral realm, he could use his powers to create "ectoplasmic" objects. However, Charles rarely does so, citing a bad past experience on the astral plane with another mutant.
- Illusions: Charles has the ability to create realistic telepathic illusions and cause people to experience events which are not actually occurring. Charles can also telepathically disguise himself, making his appearance to those around him quite different.
- Mask: Charles can mask his presence from being detected by others. He can extend these defenses to others around him as well.
- Memory Alteration: Charles has the ability to alter the memories and perceptions of others (whether an individual or group). This includes causing loss of particular memories or total amnesia.
- Mental Detection: Charles can sense the presence of another within a radius of himself. He can also filter the sensation to detect mutants.
- Mental Link: Charles has the ability to develop a mental link with any person which remains as a telepathic anchor, allowing Charles to find their mind easier over great distances.
- Mind Blast: Charles can project psionic force bolts which have no physical effects but can affect a victim's mind so as to cause the victim pain or unconsciousness. It is quite possible these could be fatal.
- Mind Control: Charles possesses the power to control the minds of others with concentration. Though Charles rarely forces his will directly on others, he does make use of this power often to allow him to stall the minds of others around him, making it appear as if time has stopped.
- Possession: With continued concentration, Charles can possess the mind of another and use that being's body as his own.
- Expertise - Professor: A natural genius, Charles is a recognized leading authority on genetics. He has written several books on the subject and often is called upon by others for consulting. He is also an expert in other life sciences, particularly mutation and psionics. He is highly talented in devising equipment for utilizing and enhancing psionic powers. Charles is also a masterful tactician, strategist, and an all-around excellent educator.
- Background - Wealth: Charles has been able to travel, learn other languages, afford an incredible education, and build a school to help others of his kind.
- Secrets: Though he is quite wealthy, Charles obviously does not have the resources to afford some of the state-of-the-art equipment incorporated into his mansion, particularly in the proposed sub-basement expansion. Most of his students and fellow faculty recognize this but Charles refuses to discuss such matters, even with me.
- Faculty Duties: In addition to working as Headmaster of the school, Charles also teaches courses in Literature, Ethics, Psionic Principles, and Arithmetic.
- Might: 2 - Normal
- Acumen: 5 - Genius
- Speed: 2 - Normal
- Tactical: 3 - Professional Training
- Energy: 7 - Unsurpassed
- Resilience: 2 - Normal
Trivia and Notes
- The current login for this Cerebro File is "User: Moira X".
- He worked with Erik Lehnsherr to develop a Mutant Classification system.
- Charles has a MASTERY Score of 47, marking him as Superior.
- Charles Xavier resides in Subsidiary-Reality M, within Murum Locus.
- Professor X is a character originating from Marvel Comics.