- [door opens, footsteps, pause]
- Terry McGinnis: Hi Nissa... or should I call you Sara?
- Nissa Diggle: [sigh] What did you do? Interrogate the Commissioner?
- Terry McGinnis: No. I, uh, I put a bug on your suit.
- Nissa Diggle: Impossible, I checked my gear when I was- [pause] Those self-dissolving nanite tracers that Maxine built?
- Terry McGinnis: Yeah. Once you were stationary for a bit, they pinged their location and destroyed themselves.
- Nissa Diggle: Yeah, I know how they work. [scoff, footsteps] You couldn't just accept my request for privacy, could you?
- Terry McGinnis: Sorry...
- Nissa Diggle: No, you're not.
- Terry McGinnis: I had to be sure you weren't-
- Nissa Diggle: What? A criminal tricking you into letting me into your circle of friends after saving your life like... twelve times?
- Terry McGinnis: [pause] Yeah, well...
- Nissa Diggle: That's a hell of a long game there, Batman.
- Terry McGinnis: It's Terry, by the way- Terry-
- Nissa Diggle: McGinnis. Yeah, I know who you are.
- Terry McGinnis: You do? [pause] You ran facial recognition on me when my mask was glitching. Didn't you?
- Nissa Diggle: I guess we're both paranoid as [expletive]. [chuckle] Alright, fair enough... So, where do we go from here?
- Terry McGinnis: I would like to still be allies, Nissa. [pause, footsteps] Actually, if you're cool with it... I'd rather us be friends. Sound good?
Trivia and Notes
- Batwave Files are the future version of Oracle Files.
- Story takes places in the Earth-2027 continuity.
- Debut of Nissa Diggle.
Links and References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.